'live' CE Webinar: Responsibilities and Requirements for Prescribing Controlled Substances (Schedule II Opioid Drugs)
Tuesday February 7, 2023
6:00pm - 8:00 pm (Via Zoom)
2 CE units (core)
IMPORTANT: This course satisfies the 2 CE unit requirement made effective
by the Dental Board of California for license renewal effective January 1, 2023
- Explore pain management drug options for acute pain control
- List how to register for, and utilize, CURES (Controlled Substance Utilization and Review and Evaluation System)
- Discuss red flag indicators of prescriptions issued for reasons other than a legitimate medical purpose
- How to manage acute and chronic pain in the dental setting.
- The risks and identification of opioid use disorder.
- The practices and legal requirements for opioid prescribing and dispensing.
Changes in continuing education regulations for California dentists begin Jan. 1, 2023, including mandated C.E. that covers the responsibilities and requirements of prescribing Schedule II opioid drugs. Dentists will be required to successfully complete 2 units of C.E. on opioid prescribing as a condition to renewing a license with the Dental Board of California.
This CE course meets this requirement and is another way of delivering membership benefits of value to you.
REGISTERATION DEADLINE: FEB. 3, 2023