Thursday, Jul 1, 2021
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released revised reporting requirements for recipients of Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments. This announcement includes expanding the amount of time providers will have to report information, aims to reduce burdens on smaller providers, and extends key deadlines for expending PRF payments for recipients who received payments after June 30, 2020. The revised reporting requirements will be applicable to providers who received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 during a single Payment Received Period from the PRF General Distributions, Targeted Distributions, and/or Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distributions.
The revised reporting requirements supplanting the January 15th requirements can be found here - PDF.
- The period of availability of funds is based on the date the payment is received (rather than requiring all payments be used by June 30, 2021, regardless of when they were received).
- Recipients are required to report for each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments).
- Recipients will have a 90-day period to complete reporting (rather than a 30-day reporting period).
- The reporting requirements are now applicable to recipients of the Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution in addition to General and other Targeted Distributions.
- The PRF Reporting Portal will open for providers to start submitting information on July 1, 2021.
Summary of Reporting Requirements
|Payment Received Period (Payments Exceeding $10,000 in Aggregate Received)||Deadline to Use Funds||Reporting Time Period|
|Period 1||From April 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020||June 30, 2021||July 1 to September 30, 2021|
|Period 2||From July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020||December 31, 2021||January 1 to March 31, 2022|
|Period 3||From January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021||June 30, 2022||July 1 to September 30, 2022|
|Period 4||From July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||December 31, 2022||January 1 to March 31, 2023|
The Portal is now open for providers in reporting period 1.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will be hosting a recorded webcast on July 8 at 3 p.m. ET to provide technical assistance on reporting requirements for Provider Relief Fund recipients and interested stakeholders. Click here to register for the July 8 webinar.
The ADA has updated its Provider Relief Fund FAQ to help dentists comply with the reporting requirements. HHS has also created an FAQ for providers.
For more information about the ADA’s advocacy efforts during COVID-19, visit ADA.org/COVID19Advocacy.
Source: ADA News