CE: Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019
CE Speaker: Douglas L. Lambert, DDS
CE Topics: S.M.A.R.T. Dentistry: Simplified & Restorative Techniques (3pm-5pm) and Bunts, Punts & Elbows: The Sports Side of Your Practice
The importance of being a savvy decision-maker in today’s economic environment can make a big difference in both the day-to-day clinical efficiency of the practice and the overall success we desire for our patients. Implementing the concept of S.M.A.R.T. dentistry - Simplified Methods and Restorative
Techniques can offer many fundamentals in both technique and material selection for the dentist and the entire staff to meet or exceed these goals.
- How contemporary diagnosis methods and caries detection technology improve patient treatment.
- Use of conservative philosophies and methods to prevent and restore.
- Understanding the demographics of your patients and how that affects treatment options and acceptance.
- Selection and use of today’s resin-based materials – including the low shrink/low stress flowables and bulk fill.
- The importance of bonding agents, bases and liners.
- Meeting esthetic challenges with composites instead of more costly alternatives.
- Incorporating the Minor Tooth Movement (MTM) system.
- Predictable posterior composites for long term clinical success.
- Bleaching – what’s true and what’s new.
- Single appointment fiber-reinforced direct composite bridges.
Bunts, Punts & Elbows: The Sports Side of Your Practice (7pm-9pm)
We are in an age of active lifestyles, with an emphasis on participating in sporting activities at both the youth and adult levels. Not surprisingly, athletic injuries to the orofacial region and the dentition are on the rise. Unique and timely techniques employed for diagnosing, treating, and restoring these accidents are paramount in the successful long-term results. Are you prepared for immediate action following a dental trauma?
- Dental trauma – patient assessment
- Managing luxation injuries
- Treating the avulsed tooth
- Restorative options for the sports related dental injury
- Use of mouth guards – including the new performance enhancing appliances
IMPORTANT: Please register 2 weeks before the CE date to avoid a 10% catering service fee. No refunds 2 weeks prior of CE date due to catering service contract.